Title: System Engineer
Reports to: Vice President of Technology
Summary: This position will support all the company’s technology systems and infrastructure. This individual will function in a capacity to implement and maintain systems including servers, local network, firewalls, VPN, PBX, desktop computers, and third party software. This position requires knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for the supported systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements new and maintains existing server and network infrastructure including switches, firewalls, PBX, and internal and third party software systems.
- Manages Active Directory, Group Policy, virus protection, software updates, and related technologies required for proper security, access, and authorization.
- Setup, manage, and monitor Internet facing sites. Tasks include but are not limited to domain registration and renewal, SSL installation and renewal, DNS setup, setup of IIS web sites, and application pools.
- Monitors performance for servers, network, and phone systems.
- Monitors and maintains system in accordance with security policies to ensure system integrity.
- Implements and maintains backup and recovery systems.
- Provides system support in application and network troubleshooting including management of a help desk for internal employees.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specially outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Available to be on call 24/7 on a team rotating schedule.
- Customer Service Skills
- Team Player
- Detailed Oriented
- Highly Organized
- Able to make sound judgments
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Professional Demeanor
- Self Starter
- Time Management
- Experience with Windows Server Operating Systems (2008-2012)
- Experience with Widows Server Hyper-V
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience with Exchange 2007 or greater
- Experience with IIS 7+ and DNS concepts.
- Experience supporting local area networks and wide area network concepts
- Familiar with scripting technologies (WMI, VBS, KIX)
- Familiar with Telephone Switching Equipment (PBX)
- Familiar with Server Class hardware
- Minimum of 5 years of experience